1 pound can of pumpkin
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. allspice
1/2 C. molasses
1 C. milk
Butter or shortening to grease the casserole dish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Beat them with a fork until they are light yellow. Add the canned pumpkin to the eggs and mix well with a wooden spoon.
3. Measure the cinnamon, ginger, and allspice into the mixing bowl. Add the molasses and milk. Stir well.
4. Grease casserole dish with butter or shortening. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the casserole dish.
5. Bake the pudding for 1 hour. Serve warm.
This recipe doesn’t have much sugar so we served it warm with vanilla ice cream and it was very good. On the second day, we mixed the cold pudding with vanilla yogurt which was also good.